Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Near Arena Volcano

Some of the breakfast fruit, the top ones cut in half are passion fruit, it is seedy and delicious, much juicier than the photo indicates.
Howler monkeys, near the lodge. They are as noisy, in a low pitched growling way, as the name suggests.
This is sunset at Guanacaste [so not actually near Arenal]. The beach isn't as beautiful as this photo suggests.
Lori and a guide at the Hanging Bridges. She was wearing MY poncho, she left hers in her suitcase. I had a better picture but she was too mad at me taking it to risk keeping the picture.


This friendly fellow is a viper near the trail. He is not a Fer-de-lanz, Bushmaster, or Eyelash Viper but I did not pick him up to tell any better than that. I really wanted an Eyelash Viper picture, I saw one two years ago and did not have the camera at that moment. They are beautiful in a way, as long as you do not accidentally brush upon one since they stay in bushes wrapped around branches waiting for prey. They can use their tail to climb in the shrubbery. That is they are not confined to the ground.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment